Research Work Performed at the CČN
The research group at the CČN is CČN Domžale‐Kamnik, No. 3707‐001.
In cooperation with external research institutes, the CČN takes part in various research activities in the area of wastewater treatment.
Overview of Large-scale Research Projects Performed at the Domžale-Kamnik CČN
- Comparative analysis of energy efficiency of municipal wastewater plants, Bachelor thesis, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Prof Andreja Žgajner Gotvajn, PhD
- Teamwork: an example of the management of biological wastewater treatment plant, Master thesis, University of Maribor, Faculty of Organizational Sciences, Prof Drago Vuk, PhD
- Anaerobic digestion of biodegradable substrates, Bachelor thesis, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering, Prof Violeta Bokan-Bosiljkov
- Electrocoagulation of liquid waste / Bachelor thesis / Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology / Prof Andreja Žgajner Gotvajn, PhD
- The effect of additives and the preliminary treatment of thickened secondary sludge on biogas production / Master thesis / Biotechnical Faculty / Prof Romana Marinšek Logar, PhD
- Analysis of metals in sewage / Research assignment / Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology / Elizabeta Tratar Pirc, PhD
- Residuals of active substances and personal care products in the environment: presence, sources, cleaning and effects / Research assignment / Jožef Stefan Institute (IJS) Ljubljana / Ester Šepič Heath, PhD
- Cavitation / Project assignment / Faculty of Mechanical Engineering / Prof Brane Širok, PhD
- Development of new technologies for the removal of pathogens and toxins from different water sources / Research assignment / Bia Separation d.o.o. / Aleš Štrancar, PhD
- Modelling and management of treatment plants for a better quality of discharge and an energetically more efficient operation / Research assignment / Jožef Stefan Institute (IJS) Ljubljana / Darko Vrečko, PhD
- Centre of Excellence - An analysis of the structure of microorganism communities in pilot treatment plants of the CČN Domžale-Kamnik / Research assignment / University of Ljubljana / Prof Ines Mandič, PhD
- Research on the presence of active substance residuals in wastewater and surface water / Research assignment / Jožef Stefan Institute (IJS) Ljubljana / Ester Šepič Heath, PhD